Current enrollment is for TK, Kinder, and 1st grade. Enrollment for the 2022-23 school year is TK – 2nd grade.
Charter School Lottery
If the number of students who wish to attend CWC East Valley exceeds our charter school capacity, enrollment is determined by random public drawing (lottery) in accordance with Education Code §47605(d)(2).
*Lottery Application Deadline for 2022-2023 school year: February 23, 2022
Lottery date for 2022-2023 school year: March 10, 2022
*Submit an application by this date to be included in the lottery. You can apply after this date, but it will not be included in the lottery. If you apply after this date, if there is a waitlist, your application will be added in the order received.
How does the lottery work?
Submitting a lottery application does not guarantee your child’s enrollment in the charter school. Rather, it’s the first step in the process. If your child is offered a seat, you will be notified via your Apply LA profile about the process to accept or decline your offer. If you accept your offer, you will be asked to complete an enrollment packet for your child’s school. Please note that timely submission of all paperwork will be required if your child is selected for enrollment.
Per our CWC East Valley charter, the following preferences shall be given in the lottery:
- Students residing within the boundaries of the Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Siblings of students currently enrolled at CWC East Valley. Siblings are defined as any two students who share a legal parent / guardian.
- Children of the Founding Parents of CWC East Valley (not to exceed 10% of total enrollment).
- Students who qualify for free or reduced price lunch (for more information, click here.)
- Children of a current CWC East Valley staff member
- Children of a current member of the CWC Los Angeles Board of Directors
- Students who are currently enrolled in, and students who reside in, the attendance area of the public elementary school where the Charter School is located
Within two weeks of the lottery, families will be contacted via email or letter in the mail with lottery results, including waitlist number (if applicable). Families must respond and accept or turn down the space offered. Any spaces that become available will be offered to the next family on the waiting list until the class is full.
Please note that if you are extended an offer for enrollment through one of the preferences above, you will need to provide supporting documentation in the enrollment packet to accept the enrollment offer. A verification of this will be done prior to finalizing your child’s enrollment. If your child was offered enrollment via an exemption or weighted preference and CWC East Valley deems that the child does not qualify, your child will be placed on the waiting list.
Questions regarding the lottery? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.